1.15.2013

Memories in a Jar: The Most Precious Kind

My parents joke at the fact that as a kid I was constantly caught mid-mischief.

It was quite typical that I would sit in the bathtub... chin covered in fluffy "Mr. Bubble" bubbles... hands raised about chest height... shampoo bottle in hand.. upside. down. I guess I can blame my love for new beauty products for that one. I learned at a young age that when the bottle empties, Mom runs to Walmart (the grocery spot for 1990s moms and college kids in Starkville with no Target ;)) to replenish it. I guess I learned along the way, after lots of punishment for "wasting" (hey- at least the unused shampoo created more bubbles on its way to the drain) that you could indeed simply push the current bottle of hair care back in the closet with all the towels and other misfit products and buy new... that was until the college budget hit the scene!

Anyways, one shampoo near and dear to my heart, I know... weird right? But it holds so many memories: people, places, smiles, not to mention its undeniably phenomenal smell...
has been reintroduced in Walmart and maybe many more stores...

No kidding. It made my day to discover this. I truly have searched shelves on and off for years to find my all time favorite product. Herbal Essences Smooth & Shiny Collections; even given to us in the old bottles and all their glory. This girl is thrilled.

{It is said that smells are the brains way of etching childhood memories into the brain!}

Goodbye new fangled fru-fru Herbal Essences....

It's back to the basics. Vintage is in... right?


                                                                                             WIth love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment